Academic year 2019-20 is the last with Princeton's traditional calendar, so enjoy the long fall term! Beginning next fall, a new calendar approved by the faculty will take effect. With the new schedule, classes will start earlier and fall term exams will end before winter break. The new calendar also establishes a two-week “Wintersession” in January with optional, non-credit-bearing activities.
Here are highlights of next year's calendar; see the Registrar's page for a full academic calendar.
- September 2, 2020: fall semester classes begin
- October 17-25: fall recess
- November 25-29: Thanksgiving recess
- December 15: Dean's Date
- December 16-22: fall exam period
- December 23 - January 10: winter recess
- January 11-24, 2021: Wintersession
- January 25, 2021: spring semester classes begin
- March 6-14: spring recess
- May 4: Dean's Date
- May 7-13: spring exam period
- May 25: Commencement Day for the Class of 2021
Remember to wait to buy plane tickets or make travel plans until after you know your exam schedule: the Registrar will not reschedule exams due to travel conflicts.